How will the Certificate help me?
The Certificate is an introductory 12 week course, which appeals to a wide range of people eg:
- those who work with clients in various disciplines who wish to develop new helping skills using CBT
- those who wish to add to their existing skills and knowledge (eg mental health professionals)
- those who are thinking about a career as a CBT therapist
- those who are working towards professional accreditation and wish to acquire recognised hours of theory and skills (the Certificate provides 91 hours of CBT theory and skills which can be used to work towards professional accreditation)
As with all short courses, none are professionally accredited by professional organisations and this includes our own Certificate Course. It does however provide invaluable recognised hours that will contribute to professional accreditation.
(Our Post Graduate Diploma Course is accredited by BACP)
The four core units are:
- The Basics of Cognitive Therapy, including the Alliance and Interpersonal Processes.
- Understanding Anxiety Disorders and Depression.
- Cognitive Interventions and Underpinning Theory.
- CT Structure, Homework and Note-Taking.
When is the next Certificate course?
The Certificate Course lasts twelve weeks, with training taking place on Saturdays, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Next course: Starting Saturday 16th October 2021
Opening date for October 2021 Certificate applications: Currently open.
Closing date for October 2021 Certificate applications: Wednesday 13th October 2021, 5pm
Theory training takes place on Saturday mornings, from 9.00am until 1.00pm, and skills training takes place from 2.00pm until 5.00pm.
By the end of the course you will understand the basics of CBT and also how to assess and work with depression and common anxiety disorders.
How is the Certificate course assessed?
Assessments take the form of practical client work skills, knowledge of CBT theory and skills and personal and professional development activities.
How much does it cost?
Fees for the Certificate Course 2021 are £1,512.00 (inc. VAT).
A non-refundable fee of £200 applies to all successful candidates and is due to be paid before starting the course. This fee will be deducted from the overall course fee.
How do I pay?
The balance payment of £1,312 (total fee £1,512 less the £200 deposit) is payable by one of two options:
- Lump sum payment of £1,312 by the end of the first week of the course, or,
- By installments:
- £600 by the end of Month 1
- £356 by the end of Month 2
- £356 by the end of Month 3
More detailed information
A detailed Trainee Handbook is available to trainees who attend the course.
If you are considering applying to the Course you are also advised to attend an Evening Information Training seminar.
Thank you for your interest in our courses. We will welcome your application and look forward to helping you develop your career.